Author Topic: WorldSim3D 0.8 (version for familiarizing with the engine)  (Read 1085 times)

Offline Alec - WS3D Developer

• Producer
  • Administrator
  • Marquess
  • Reputation 32
  • Game making is my hobby for life!
WorldSim3D 0.8 (version for familiarizing with the engine)
« on: January 20, 2014, 07:00:59 PM »
Hello to all who may be interested in testing new game engines.

A half a year ago I started developing a new game engine. Actually, not a new, just continue on the basis of an Irrlicht wrapper, which made a good man Frank Dodd. Unfortunately, Frank stopped developing it 3 years ago and I haven't seen any serious successive works. When I tested it out I found it very promising for common people to use it. I liked it very much and I decided to go on developing it further.

Two main reasons for that were:
1) The engine is based on Irrlicht, which is very powerful engine for making nice 3D games;
2) There is a wrapper for Irrlicht for FreeBasic - a language which is very easy to learn unlike C, C++ etc.

So, I rolled up my sleeves and start working.
For the moment I've made the first version of the engine, which I called WorldSim3D.
This version is WorldSim3D 0.8 (a version for familiarizing).
There are 361 functions for managing almost all elements of a game project. I also linked in sound library (there was none before) and corrected using ODE library. Sound library and ODE will be available in the next version of the engine - WorldSim3D 0.9.

Later I tell more about WorldSim3D (features, roadmap and so on). I released a russian version and in some days I will release an english version. And for the time being you can learn its features with the Help file:

Download links removed, because a new version of the engine has been realesed.

Alec

« Last Edit: November 03, 2014, 06:46:53 PM by Alec - WS3D Developer »
WorldSim3D = 3D + FreeBasic. Программируй в удовольствие, а не "в тягость"! Make your project with pleasure, not with strain!