Author Topic: WOW Like style camera!!! (World Of Warcraft)  (Read 805 times)

Offline jepalza

• Friends
  • Gentleman (Lady)
  • Reputation 5
  • 3D Crazy
WOW Like style camera!!! (World Of Warcraft)
« on: October 16, 2015, 08:12:32 AM »
This is my WOW Style camera (Like "World of Warcraft" game).
Is not perfect, animations is not completed yet, not JUMP, not RUN, not CRUNCH, but it's good for test purpouses.
Is very good skeleton for 3d FPS games.

It's based on this example:
http://irrlicht.sourceforge.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=9&t=19282

All project is a conversion from original CPP Irrlicht, but matrix operations in order to turn camera , are mine.

It's developed in the lastest "WorldSim3D_0.9.5_rus" engine  ;)

one trick: probe to change  variable "want_smooth_return=0" value to "1"  in "moveplayerfunction.bas" to look a good effect with camera.  :P

note: sorry for a few spanish coments. did try to traslate it from spanish to english, but a few of comments, remains in spanish.
« Last Edit: October 16, 2015, 08:18:46 AM by jepalza »

Offline Alec - WS3D Developer

• Producer
  • Administrator
  • Marquess
  • Reputation 36
  • Game making is my hobby for life!
Re: WOW Like style camera!!! (World Of Warcraft)
« Reply #1 on: October 16, 2015, 03:02:53 PM »
Hi. I'm glad to hear from you.  :)
This is a good realization of 3rd person camera! Thanks.

It would be more convenient to play with the example if it is made with the 'Wizard' tool (in order not to drop an example's files into the engine's "Examples" folder to launch the example.), but it takes to translate it into English.

Glad that you use WS3D 0.9.5. We're working on localization it to English (maybe some day we can localize it to Spanish? Spanish-speaking world is big).
« Last Edit: October 16, 2015, 08:45:51 PM by Alec - WS3D Developer »
WorldSim3D = 3D + FreeBasic. Программируй в удовольствие, а не "в тягость"! Make your project with pleasure, not with strain!

Offline jepalza

• Friends
  • Gentleman (Lady)
  • Reputation 5
  • 3D Crazy
Re: WOW Like style camera!!! (World Of Warcraft)
« Reply #2 on: October 16, 2015, 07:37:54 PM »
I had nothing to say or do until today. This is the reason why not come to the forum.

Wizard are in Russian only. Did try it, with google traslate, but without good results.

Spanish is the second most spoken in the world after China and ahead of English, but English is the most used.
Translate to Spanish is much work for one person alone, in english is good for now.